Please join us at your favorite location for inspiration, friendship, conversation. We can show our appreciation to our host restaurants by sharing a meal afterwards. We look forward to seeing you.
By Pema Chödrön
On August 20th The Happiness Study Group will start our 9th book, our 10th if we count our second reading of “Awake Aware Alive!”
Our new selection will be Pema Chödrön’s “When Things Fall Apart: Heart Advice for Difficult Times,” which is available here on Amazon.
Here’s what they have to say: “The beautiful practicality of her teaching has made Pema Chödrön one of the most beloved of contemporary American spiritual authors among Buddhists and non-Buddhists alike. A collection of talks she gave between 1987 and 1994, the book is a treasury of wisdom for going on living when we are overcome by pain and difficulties. Chödrön discusses:
- Using painful emotions to cultivate wisdom, compassion, and courage
- Communicating so as to encourage others to open up rather than shut down
- Practices for reversing habitual patterns
- Methods for working with chaotic situations
- Ways for creating effective social action
We’re looking forward to seeing you at Ron and Nadine’s on August 20th.
Date: Tuesday, August 13, 2019
Time: 9:30am ’til 1pm
Leader: Nadine de Jong with Ron de Jong
Location: Clubhouse at Bajamar
Directions: Take the Toll Road (1D) to Km 77.5 and exit toward Bajamar.
Fee: NO CHARGE
NOBLE SILENCE will be observed (no talking at all) upon entering the Clubhouse until after snacks and a brief after-snack sit
WHAT TO WEAR & BRING
- Sweater or light wrap because the room can be chilly
- A favorite mat, floor cushion, blanket etc. (sofas and various chairs are also available)
- Comfortable shoes for walking and a hat
- Notebook and pen if you like
- Ready-to-serve finger food to share (Please consider bringing vegetarian and healthy snacks—no alcoholic beverages.)
- Beverages, especially water.
(Coffee and hot water for tea will be provided)