Please join us fo a special Summer Not Church – Exploration of Meditation.
The customary hour+ will focus on various aspects and benefits of sitting in silence and give participants information and instruction as well as opportunities for practice. Suitable for first time meditators and those with extensive experience and anyone in between.
Wednesday, July 25, at 5p.m. at CEART in Rosarito.
Paseo La Cascada s/n, La Cascada, 22701 Rosarito, B.C., Mexico
Find additional info at www.facebook.com/notchurchbaja.
We’re starting a new book on June 12th: MINDFULNESS, A Practical Guide to Awakening by Joseph Goldstein. The book is available on Amazon in Kindle, Softcover & Hardcover and used from other booksellers at lower prices.
Please contact Nadine if you’re interested in joining the study group. We meet every Tuesday between 2-4 and anyone is welcome to participate.
“Joseph Goldstein shares the wisdom of his four decades of teaching and practice in a book that will serve as a lifelong companion for anyone committed to mindful living and the realization of inner freedom.
“Goldstein’s source teaching is the Satipatthana Sutta, the Buddha’s legendary discourse on the four foundations of mindfulness that became the basis for the many types of Vipassana (or insight meditation) found today. Exquisite in detail yet wholly accessible and relevant for the modern student, Mindfulness takes us through a profound study of:
- Ardency, clear knowing, mindfulness, and concentration—how to develop these four qualities of mind essential for walking the path wisely
- The Satipatthana refrain—how deeply contemplating the four foundations of mindfulness opens us to bare knowing and continuity of mindfulness
- Mindfulness of the body, including the breath, postures, activities, and physical characteristics
- Mindfulness of feelings—how the experience of our sense perceptions influences our inner and outer worlds
- Mindfulness of mind—learning to recognize skillful and unskillful states of mind and thought
- Mindfulness of dhammas (or categories of experience), including the Five Hindrances, the Six Sense Spheres, the Seven Factors of Awakening, and much more
“There is a wealth of meaning and nuance in the experience of mindfulness that can enrich our lives in unimagined ways,” writes Goldstein. In Mindfulnessyou have the tools to mine these riches for yourself.”